I have been working in mental health for over forty years and qualified as a psychotherapist in 1985.
From 1986 – 2011 I worked as a psychotherapist in institutional settings, as a psychotherapist in the University of Sussex Health Centre psychological services for nine years, and in specialist psychotherapy posts in the NHS. I have extensive experience of a wide range of clinical presentations, of assessment for psychological therapy and supervision of psychotherapy. I have respect for different therapeutic approaches and for shorter term therapies. My interest in how relationships affect our well-being led me to further training in couple psychotherapy and therapeutic approaches drawing on attachment research such as mentalization based therapy (MBT).
I am interested in how therapy needs to be adapted to different situations to offer a safe and effective therapeutic relationship.
My private practice concentrated on couple therapy, consultation and supervision. I retired from ongoing work with couples in 2017, and continue to offer consultation and supervision.
I have strong links to the local community of private practitioners.
Training, qualifications and memberships
- CQSW University of London (1977)
- Guild of Psychotherapists (1985 – 2011)
- Tavistock Marital Studies Institute (now Tavistock Relationships) (1996)
- Graduate Member (Psychotherapy) Tavistock Institute of Medical Psychology
- British Psychoanalytic Council registered
- Professional Standards Authority Professional Register
- Psychotherapy Sussex