What better evidence than that of fellow travellers. As I was having an administrative tidy up recently I was looking at some of the notes I have written about clients at the end of therapy.
The ending of CBT and other therapies is a time when we often consider how to stay well in the broadest sense.
Guess what? Several themes emerged so I have counted them up and offer them to you here in order of popularity:
- Talking to loved ones, be they friends, family or partners
- Being in nature
- Moving the body – walking, cycling, yoga, gentle stretches…
- Trying to remember to be present in the moment
- Trying something new
- At the end of the day writing down achievements
- At the start of the day thinking about how to take care of myself in the day to come
- Being realistic about what I can expect from myself
- Look for beauty or something interesting
- Stop doing jobs after 8 o’clock
The Action for Happiness has lots of other top tips. I love their website. Take a look for yourself by clicking here